AMPERE Gestion in brief
AMPERE Gestion was set up in April 2014 by CDC Habitat, a subsidiary of Caisse des Dépôts, and the country’s biggest residential landlord with a portfolio of 346,000 units of housing under management.
It has grown rapidly and had an investment capacity of €5 billion by early 2017. In particular, in July 2014, AMPERE Gestion launched FLI, France’s largest housing investment fund with 10,000 units of apartments and standalone housing.
In a nutshell, AMPERE Gestion’s raison d’étre is to provide institutional investors with real estate investment opportunities in France, frequently with a social utility component, by making full use of the expertise and networks of CDC Habitat and Caisse des Dépôts. In other words, AMPERE Gestion is a real estate fund management company, strongly embedded in the Caisse des Dépôts Group and committed to socially responsible investment.
Each term carries a specific, binding commitment.
- AMPERE Gestion has obtained accreditation to act as a portfolio management company from the French financial markets authority (Autorité des marchés financiers – AMF) in accordance with the provisions of the French Monetary and Financial Code and Directive 2011/61/EU.
- Its real estate focus is reflected in its name: AMPERE is actually an acronym of “Asset Management and Private Equity for Real Estate”. AMPERE Gestion leverages the well-known strengths of real estate for investors, namely income stability and resilience, protection against inflation and the creation of long-term value.
- Part of a group: AMPERE Gestion’s actions contribute directly to the strategic objectives of CDC Habitat and Caisse des Dépôts Group. Being part of this group involves three underlying commitments:
– paying special attention to protecting regulated savings and investor interests, in accordance with the mission of Caisse des Dépôts and its subsidiaries, symbolized since 1816 by the seal of Public Faith (“fides publica”).
– close involvement of teams from CDC Habitat and Caisse des Dépôts in selecting and managing assets in order to control patrimonial development strategy more effectively. We believe that this organization reinforces “accountability” in the operational chain of command and goes much further than a traditional relationship between a portfolio management company and a purely external service provider. AMPERE Gestion is able to leverage all of the expertise of the Group and its subsidiaries to provide investors with value added services; it can tap into the Group’s strong local and regional presence; assets are selected in accordance with a tried and tested economic model whose stability is often guaranteed by medium- or long-term contracts.
– seeking out investments that meet collective criteria and offer an attractive return.
- As part of its commitments to responsible investing, AMPERE Gestion’s projects frequently have a social utility component. Here are three examples of socially responsible projects in which our teams have been closely involved in the first years of AMPERE Gestion’s existence:
– building affordable housing in parts of the Paris region with a housing shortage, using the intermediate housing development funds managed by CDC Habitat;
– in the wake of the unprecedented migration crisis experienced by Europe in 2015, increasing by 50% the capacity of emergency shelters managed by Adoma (CDC Habitat subsidiary specialised in emergency accommodation) thanks to the creation of France’s first significant social impact fund;
– upgrading the French hotel infrastructure outside of the Paris region to boost France’s attractiveness as the top tourist destination as part of the “France développement tourisme” platform initiative launched by Caisse des Dépôts in October 2015.
In addition to the Group’s values, this focus reflects a strategic conviction: we believe that property value cannot be created merely by acquiring “trophy” buildings, no matter how prestigious these are. This first has to be based on social, demographic or economic demand that is either stable or growing in the long-term, and in which the Group or its partners have a recognised competitive advantage. In practice, this frequently leads us to seek properties with a profile close to social infrastructure.
Naturally, this criterion of exemplarity applies both to the choice of assets and our management processes. AMPERE Gestion’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance is assessed on a regular basis.
This website presents a brief overview of AMPERE Gestion, together with our values, objectives, team and achievements. I hope it will help you to get to know us a little better.
CEO, AMPERE Gestion